| Welcome to "You've Got Manners!"|
|Book 3 in the Award Winning Series
Hi and Welcome to
You've Got Manners !
The MOM'S CHOICE AWARD,
GOLD RECIPIENT: Illustrated Series
"You've Got Manners! ~Table Tips From A to Z For Kids of All Ages".
"Ya tienes buenos modales!" (the Spanish edition of Table Tips).
"You've Got SOCIAL Manners! ~ Party Pointers from A to Z For Kids of All
" You've Got RESPECTFUL Manners! ~ Tactful Tips From A to Z For Kids of All Ages"
~ What To Say When You Don't Know How ~.
YGManners Educational Services:
* Providing Manners & Etiquette Training for children, adults, and professionals, through workshops, classes,
group functions, and private one-on-one dining experiences.
To enroll : Call us for dates and locations in your vicinity, throughout southern California, as well as in other
parts of the US and 8 International countries : 1-818-259-3961.
* Check in to find a book signing in your area, which includes an entertaining manners presentation : TBA
A Monthly Tutorial:
You’ve Got Manners! classes:
Held the 2nd Monday evening of each month at the Salt Creek Grille in Valencia, CA.
24415 Town Center Drive, Valencia CA 91355. Includes dinner.
Be skilled in knowing all about good manners, while being the social kid that everyone wants to have around.
Join us to:
* Learn to how to say anything you need to speak up about.
* Have confidence by knowing the essential key dining signals.
* Be at ease and comfortable in any social situation you engage in.
Tuition: $45.00 per person.
Register for 4 classes and $ave - $160.00.MasterCard/ Visa Accepted.
Register 1 week prior to class date by Email MannersA2Z@aol.com or call 818-259-3961.
* Parents enjoy a ‘date-night-out’ or Happy Hour in the Grille – while earning Grille Club Card points, or take in a movie and shop - while your child learns valuable, confidence-building manners.
"CANADA A.M." TV host Seamus O'Regan speaks with guest author Louise Elerding in Toronto, Canada, on the topic of 'Minding Your Manners', November 6, 2008.
|"CANADA A.M." National TV Network
Co-hosting is Beverly Thompson.
Click on the photo to the right to view a clip of the interview. (Some browsers may take up to 60 seconds to upload. Please stay tuned - it will appear.)
|Join The Polite Team of the World !|
Meet our STAR members of
|Join The Polite Team
THE POLITE TEAM of the WORLD:
Isaac Aaron F., age 6, Houston, TX
Jordan Eliana F., age 7, Houston, TX
Alyssa A., age 15, West Hills, CA
Amanda A., age 13, West Hills,CA
Brian F., age 7, San Francisco, CA
Cami P., age 9, La Quinta, CA
Colin C., age 6, Corona, CA
Collette R., age 10, Salt Lake City, UT
Dylan F., age 9, San Francisco, CA
Emily A., age 10, West Hills, CA
Jason W., age 17, Burbank, CA
Juliet C., age 11, Chicago, IL
Bobby K., age 11, Encino, CA
Sabrina J., age 10, San Marino, CA
Tyler W., age 14, Burbank, CA
Here is how you can join The Polite Team ~
With membership you will receive:
A complimentary deck of “Pass The Manners, Please!” cards ( $9.99 value).
Your name posted on our YOUVEGOTMANNERS.COM website as an official member of The Polite Team of the World.
A 25% discount on the purchase of any YGM books ordered here.
To become a member:
1. Send an email to MannersA2Z@aol.com.
2. In the subject line write in ‘ Polite Team Membership’.
3. Write your name, age, town and the state where you live.
4. Write one favorite manner you like to use.
5. Send in a 1-time membership fee of $5.00 – by credit card or mail.
* By credit card: include card number, 3 digit code on back,
expiration date, name on card, full mailing address, and phone number.
* By mail: call 1-818-259-3961 and receive address of where to send your payment.
Welcome! It’s great to have you on board.
|What's Your Manners Score ?|
What's your Manners Score?
Here's a quick Manners quiz...see how many tips you can answer:
* How did you score? Click on the"Shopping" page for answers...and have fun with manners!
- (1) How do you signal the waiter that you are finished with your meal?
- (2) Which direction do you pass all serving dishes around the table -left or right?
- (3) Do both boys and girls remove their hats at the table?
- (4) At the table, do you cut bread with a knife or tear bread with your fingers?
- (5) Where does your napkin go when you leave the table during the meal?
Continue to click any item on our menu. If you have comments or questions, or are looking for one of our " Official Manners Messengers "(OMMs) to teach a manners class in your area, click Contact Us. If you wish to make a purchase, click Shopping. If you would like to be a teacher with our Manners curriculum, click Be a YGM Teacher. If you are looking for a Fundraising activity, click 'Be a YGM Teacher'. For information about Personal Appearance services with Louise Elerding AICI, CIP, click on Professional Image Partners. Thanks for visiting and be sure to check back often for updates.
| Our YGM Team
You've Got Manners !
... began on a family road trip - a 1,000 mile vacation through Canada the summer of 2002. To pass the time among our 3 generations in a mini-van, a game of naming and playing with table manner ideas became our 'car activity' . Out of this 'close' time together, a small portable handbook on table tips was born ! So, here it is ~ a fun and easy way to learn how to have great table manners, whether at home or in public... ( and make parents very proud ! ) .
An A to Z book series for kids of all ages
In alphabetical order, there are clever tips for every letter of the alphabet. Once you've read through these tips, you will find a 'badge' or a certificate proclaiming that "I've Got Manners!" . A great reminder at any age - 3 to 93! ...then it became a program and a book signing event with a mail theme, which is very interactive with audiences. From there a curriculum was created, and now it is a series of table manner classes. ...we're not finished! In 2003 we introduced Polly Politely and Milton Manners in the hardbound illustrated edition - two friendly spokeskids to take you on a manners adventure while you learn even more ways of being polite and considerate at the table.
...by Fall 2005 our next-in-a-series was published : the Spanish edition of Table Tips: " Ya tienes buenos modales!", and then "You've Got SOCIAL Manners! ~ Party Pointers from A to Z for Kids of All Ages" . In 2007: "You've Got RESPECTFUL Manners! ~ Tactful Tips From A to Z For Kids of All Ages -What to Say When You Don't Know How".
...after that, who knows! ~maybe another road trip!
You've Got Manners!' is now a brilliantly colored and illustrated group of manners books for kids of all ages, formatted in hardbound cover. It's also manners classes, a card game, and it's a unique enterprise. Our goal is to inspire youth and adults to live life with kindness and consideration for everyone on the planet.
Pictured here is the 5-member Advisory Board who inspired these books , with the author Louise Elerding ~ referred to as "Grandy" by her 5 sensational grandkids.
The annual Board meetings are generating ideas and decisions for the future of YGM Enterprises, while seeing all possiblities through the eyes of 'kids'. Please take a walk with us through our website, and see how much fun it can be to play with manners.
...and WE'VE GOT GOOD NEWS! See what people are saying about us.....here are TESTIMONIALS:
* "Will kids sit still for a lesson in manners? They will if it's a program
presented by Louise Elerding! She understands that kids learn best through
participation and when they hear the message from their peers, and she's
invented a clever interactive program that keeps kids engaged and
entertained. This was a charming and successful program that impressed both children and their parents."
Hubert Kozak, Children's Librarian
Burbank Public Library
* " Our 6 year old picks a letter of the Manners alphabet each day - and that's the tip we learn during dinner. It's a fun way to practice, and it's working. We are so happy to have this handbook." Holly Horning, Alexandria, VA
* "Does ' kids of all ages' include adult professionals? Who are we kidding,- we can ALL learn something from this handbook. I shared the etiquette tips with some of the best, polished professionals in the office and it caught on like
a hot stock pick. We ordered 20 copies right away. The fascinating part is
how the book delivers an important and rigid set of rules in such a non-
threatening, delicate format. For adults it works like an "Idiots Guide to
Good Table Manners" .
John M. Padilla
Vice President - Investments
* "I sent my adult niece in Missouri a copy of this handbook, and every night her 7 children gather around the dinner table, prop the book up, and turn the pages to a new tip. That is the manner they practice during that meal. I'm sending it to all of my other family members too. It is terrific ! " Chris Merrill, Visalia, CA